Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Beginning.....

This is my first post and I am quite excited. I have been on a spiritual path for what seems like forever. There has not been a time, even when I was very young, that I wasn't asking about God and 'what am I doing here?' ....all of those big questions that no one can give you the same answer for. I was always very curious about everything. At the same time I felt absolutely driven to know more and that led me to do a great amount of reading. I studied religion, all of them...even though I was brought up in a Jewish family and had a religious education. When I was older I started going to churches and buddhist temples. I attended workshops, seances, healing circles.....everything I could connect to. That led, of course, to more questions. All of the time I was doing this I was also attending school, going to university and doing all kinds of odd jobs and some volunteer work. My school studies took me into psychology and education where I thought I would find my niche. Eventually, though, my path led me into the business world. I had originally thought I would be a psychologist and university professor but both of these avenues did not feel totally fulfilling. 'By chance' I was offered an opportunity to train some business people in communication skills. I had developed a program for my clients in the Addictions Centre where I was doing counselling and a colleague recommended as a speaker to a business group. I prepared for the presentation and found that relating everything to the corporate world that these people came from was quite a challenge, but I really enjoyed it. I had some business experience working in offices and doing some sales work when I was attending school but I had never done any 'training' before. The one presentation turned into more and eventually I was asked to develop some courses for a large corporation. This was the start of my career as a consultant. I let go of my ideas of becoming a professor and full-time counsellor and took my skills into the corporate world. That was the beginning of my career as a business woman and it has paralleled my vocation as a spiritual seeker.

In this blog I want to share both of my vocations with you. They really do intertwine very well. It has been such a wonderful journey and I am looking forward to sharing more.

No comments: